Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Pulp eBook Best Seller List (Based on Amazon Kindle Store Sales Ranks)


Reposted from http://barryreese.net/
We’re looking at some Kindle Fire sales ranks this time around. There may be a bunch of New Pulp outfits that are only doing e-book releases that I may not know about — if so, I apologize for not listing you here. I used my print list as the jumping-off point. Let’s go over the basic ground rules that I used in compiling this list (which, again, are based off the ones I do for the print materials):
1) This list only tracks sales through AMAZON. It does not keep track of sales through Barnes and Noble or anything else!
2) This list only tracks AMAZON KINDLE sales. Exactly how Amazon calculates these things is mostly a trade secret and they vary wildly from day to day. If I checked this tomorrow, the list could be very different. This list reflects sales ranks as of Wednesday June 13, 2012.
3) In order to keep the focus on new releases, eligible works must have been published within three months of the current date. So, since this list is being done in June 2012, I’m only looking at eBooks published since March 2012. Please keep that in mind before complaining that Title X is not listed.
4) I am no longer tracking pre-release orders. Some publishers never actually release their eBooks and when they do, it’s months after they were supposed to be released. Everything listed in the Top Ten is currently for sale.
5) Like the name suggests, we’re tracking “New” pulp — I’m not tracking sales rankings for reprints of classic material. In order for something to qualify for this list, it has to be at least 50% new material that has not been printed in book form before.
6) I am human. I make mistakes. If you are aware of a title that should be listed below (keeping in mind all the rules above), please let me know and I will make sure to remedy the situation.
7) I get most of my information from All Pulp, New Pulp, the Pulp Factory mailing list and a few other sites. If you think I might miss your release, let me know in advance — drop me a line and tell me when it’s being released.
Without further ado, here’s the completely and totally unofficial New Pulp bestseller list as of right now (title, then publisher, then release date, then sales rank):
1) Doc Savage: The Infernal Buddha by Will Murray (Altus Press, May 2012) – 31,928
2) Hawk: Hand of the Machine by Van Plexico (White Rocket Books, May 2012) – 100,487
3) Tales of The Rook by Various (Pro Se Press, May 2012) – 232,074
4) Lost Tribes of the Dire Planet by Joel Jenkins (Pulp Work Press, May 2012) – 233,057
5) Pro Se Presents # 9 by Various (Pro Se Press, May 2012) - 260,875
6) Living Legends Book I: Old Soldiers (Metahuman Press, May 2012) - 267,217
7) King of the Outback by Jack Tunney (Fight Card Productions, May 2012) – 297,211
8 ) Hard Road by Jack Tunney (Fight Card Productions, April 2012) – 343,289
9) The Sting of the Silver Manticore by P.J. Lozito (Pro Se Press, April 2012) - 367,401
10) New Adventures of Thunder Jim Wade (Pro Se Press, March 2012) -376,917
Just missing the list: Counter Punch by Jack Tunney (Fight Card Productions, March 2012) – 473,725, Dragon Kings of the Orient by Percival Constantine (Pulp Work Press, May 2012) – 527,392,  and Pro Se Presents # 8 by Various (Pro Se Press, March 2012) – 536,134.
It should be noted that several recent Pro Se releases have not yet made it to the Kindle store (Lee Houston’s newest or Pro Se Presents # 10) so those will probably start showing up on the next list. As a result of that, however, we see no new releases on the chart this week, though several books slide up or down the list. Van Plexico’s Hawk makes the biggest jump, springing up to # 2. Overall, we have six publishers represented on the list. In case you’re wondering where Moonstone and Airship 27 are, neither publisher is in the Kindle store (though some of Moonstone’s back catalog is) for their new releases.
Take it all with a grain of salt, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment