Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wylde World: The First Steps



PRO SE PRESENTS PECULIAR ADVENTURES #3
featuring Lee Houston, Jr.'s latest installment of "Wylde World"


EXCERPT:
 
“Why?” I asked, despite the odds against getting an honest answer.

“Because you know too much.”

I did not recognize the voice, for it was too dark to see who was threatening me. All I could make out within a gray, windowless corridor was the weapon muzzle pointed menacingly at me.

“I know too much about what?”

“Everything,” replied the voice, as I sensed my assailant’s finger tighten on the trigger. “Please do not make this any harder for me than it already is.”

“You know there are other options. You do not have to do this,” I pleaded.

“I must,” said the voice, with a hint of sadness.

Then the weapon fired, and my whole world went from gray to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment